Firm: Sidley Austin LLP
Location: Chicago - IL
ONE SOUTH DEARBORN
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60603
- Tel : 312 853 7026
- Fax : 312 853 7036
- Email : email@example.com
Richard A. CederothICHARD A. CEDEROTH is a partner in Chicago and focuses his practice on patent litigation, primarily involving software, computers and semiconductors. He has represented major corporations in patent disputes for over 25 years, including many multiple defendant federal court cases and the International Trade Commission, and has also taught and lectured on patent and intellectual property law.
Mr. Cederoth is widely recognized for his accomplishments as an IP litigator by numerous media and legal directories, including Benchmark Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA, IAM Patent 1000, and Managing IP. In 2021, Mr. Cederoth was named a “National Practice Area Star” by Benchmark Litigation as well as an “Illinois Patent Star” by Managing IP. Mr. Cederoth is also recognized by Chambers USA for his work in Intellectual Property – Illinois and Intellectual Property – USA – Nationwide (2021-2022), with clients stating he is “an exceptional lawyer” and “a fine choice of litigator for complex disputes involving patents concerning telecommunications, video, and imaging technologies.”
Mr. Cederoth is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law and received a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Bradley University. He is a member of the American Bar Association and other professional organizations.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- Intellectual Property Section of the American Bar Association
- Bradley University Electrical Engineering Alumni Advisory Board
ADMISSIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois – General
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Texas
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Texas
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Wisconsin
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1983
- Bradley University, B.S. in Electrical Engineering, 1980 (magna cum laude, Phi Kappa Phi, Eta Kappa Nu, Tau Beta Pi)
Sidley Austin LLP
More than 150 years after the founding of our firm, Sidley today comprises a diverse group of legal professionals from many cultures who are dedicated to teamwork, collaboration and superior client service. Forging enduring relationships with the business community, while remaining attuned to the dynamic legal landscape, we understand and work to fulfill the needs of our global clients. We are proud to serve this varied and high-caliber group of market leaders, many of whom are pioneers in their respective industries and professions.
Sidley boasts one of the most distinguished and highly regarded intellectual property (IP) litigation practices in the United States, with approximately 80 lawyers and a deep bench of trial lawyers. Handling matters for innovation-driven clients of all sizes, from global Fortune 500 companies to groundbreaking startups, we develop winning strategies for high-stakes IP litigation involving patents, trade secret and unfair competition, false advertising, copyright infringement, and trademarks.