Firm: Gordon Feinblatt LLC
Location: Baltimore - MD
233 East Redwood Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
- Tel : 410-576-4171
- Fax : 410-576-4032
- Email : email@example.com
Ned heads Gordon Feinblatt’s Technology & Intellectual Property practice group and is a member in the firm’s Business Law and EMERGE practices. He concentrates his practice on intellectual property, internet, computer, advertising and business law matters. His work encompasses the protection, acquisition, registration, use and licensing of trademarks, copyrights, and computer hardware and software, both nationally and internationally. Ned also counsels in the areas of advertising, social media, cloud computing, data privacy, electronic commerce, multimedia law, patent licensing, trade secret protection, publishing, entertainment and franchises. His commercial experience includes transactional and advisory work. Ned is also involved in litigating in all of these areas, including cases to combat or defend trademark and copyright infringement actions in federal court and intricate cases regarding registration in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Ned “wrote the book” — twice — on trademark law for Maryland lawyers. He authored the chapter on federal and state trademark law for the Maryland State Bar Association’s (MSBA) Intellectual Property Handbook for Maryland Business and Litigation Lawyers published in June 2013 and the second edition in 2019.
Ned was named by Best Lawyers in America® as the 2021 Baltimore “Lawyer of the Year” in Trademark Law. He has been named “Lawyer of the Year” multiple times for Trademark Law and Copyright Law, and has also been named “Lawyer of the Year” for Information Technology Law and Technology Law. He has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America® for Intellectual Property Law since 2005; for Information Technology, Trademark, Copyright and Technology Law since 2012; and for Trade Secrets Law since 2016. Ned was listed in “Who’s Who in Intellectual Property Law” in the December 2000 Baltimore Business Journal. Ned was selected as one of Baltimore’s 30 best lawyers in the November 1998 issue of Baltimore magazine.
Ned is past Chair of and is active in the MSBA’s Intellectual Property Section. He has written numerous articles and often provides analysis for local publications, television and radio on issues involving intellectual property. He is a regular lecturer on intellectual property matters.
Ned has been publishing his IP Techknowledgy blog since 2017.
- AV Preeminent™ rating in Martindale-Hubbell®
- Named to Band 1 of Intellectual Property by Chambers USA© since 2018
- Recipient, Leadership in Law Award, The Daily Record, 2018Named Baltimore “Lawyer of the Year” in Trademark Law by Best Lawyers in America®, 2016 and 2021
- Named Baltimore “Lawyer of the Year” in Copyright Law by Best Lawyers in America®, 2013, 2019 and 2022
- Named Baltimore “Lawyer of the Year” in Information Technology Law by Best Lawyers in America®, 2017
- Named to Baltimore “Lawyer of the Year” in Technology Law by Best Lawyers in America®, 2014
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America® for Copyright Law, Information Technology Law, Technology Law, Trade Secrets Law and Trademark Law since 2005
- Selected to Maryland Super Lawyers® list for Intellectual Property and Business/Corporate, 2007-2009 and since 2012
- J.D., University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, 1986
- A.B., Bowdoin College, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland, 1986
Gordon Feinblatt LLC
Gordon Feinblatt’s Technology and Intellectual Property Team offers reasoned legal advice based on decades of experience helping clients capitalize on opportunities, protect their assets and minimize their risks. We are thoughtful, practical and creative in solving often complex problems faced by industry professionals who must constantly respond to rapidly changing technology advances and new and revised laws governing those areas.
Our attorneys have the legal and business experience needed to guide businesses effectively and efficiently. We help clients that are: consumer-facing with trademark, copyright, advertising, internet or social media concerns; focused on its backroom operational needs to develop, license and use software and hardware systems or applications, protect its data or operate in the cloud; and technology developers and those interested in registering, protecting, licensing and monetizing technology.
Our Team includes attorneys with specialized talents in the areas of Business Law, Securities, Litigation, Employment Law, Financial Services, Health Care and Tax Law. We offer a full spectrum of advice to businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals regarding their assets and activities involving technology and intellectual property transactions, regulatory compliance, disputes or planning.