Firm: Fortem IP
Location: Seattle - WA
89 Yesler Way Suite 202
Seattle, WA 98104
- Tel : 206.508.6688
- Fax : 206.508.6688
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary focuses her practice on the medical device industry, including patent prosecution, portfolio development and strategy, freedom to operate analyses, and financing due diligence. She has extensive experience working with emerging companies, especially in neurovascular devices, interventional cardiovascular devices, neurostimulation, neuromodulation, spinal devices, wound care and monitoring, drug delivery, and orthopedics. She also has experience in a variety of other technologies, including audio devices, acoustic signal processing, semiconductor fabrication and design, stereo imaging, robotics, and consumer products.
- BS Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan
- MS Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan
- JD, Santa Clara University School of Law
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Before co-founding Fortem IP, Mary worked as a patent attorney at Perkins Coie in Seattle. Prior to her legal career, Mary worked at The Foundry, Ardian, and Miramar Labs. She was recently selected as a “Washington Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Areas of Practice
Our expertise covers a range of industries, including medical devices, life sciences, electronics, semiconductors, computer science, telecommunications, and consumer products. We assist clients in all aspects of patent protection, including the following:
- Preparing and prosecuting domestic and international patent applications
- Strategic portfolio development, including patentability assessments
- Competitor IP evaluation, including freedom-to-operate analyses and opinions, competitor landscapes, and assessment of licensing opportunities
- Due diligence to support financing rounds, mergers, and acquisitions
Fortem IP is an intellectual property boutique specializing in patent prosecution and counseling for both emerging companies and international corporations. Our project-based business model eliminates the inefficiencies of time-based billing, allowing us to devote more time towards gaining a deeper understanding of our client’s business.
We do not bill clients for meetings, emails, and phone calls. Instead we collaborate with our clients, leveraging our expertise to build a patent strategy around their technology and business vision.