Firm: Bowie & Jensen LLC.
Location: Towson - MD
210 W. Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 400
Towson, Maryland 21204
- Tel : (410) 583-2400
- Fax : (410) 583-2437
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
A seasoned litigator and former news broadcaster and producer, Josh represents clients in intellectual property and business disputes in federal courts across the country. He also advises entrepreneurs and established companies on trademark protection, data security and other topics to help them mitigate the risk of future litigation.
Josh’s intellectual property litigation experience includes technology disputes, patent, trademark and copyright infringement matters, and trade secret misappropriation. He has represented numerous software companies in complex licensing and development disputes, and in patent infringement litigation involving electrical and mechanical devices and consumer products, including nutraceuticals. A broad array of clients – including a national restaurant chain, an apparel manufacturer, and a broadcasting network – have turned to Josh for representation in trademark and copyright litigation.
His business litigation experience includes class action defense, false advertising and unfair competition claims, employment discrimination and restrictive covenant disputes, securities fraud claims, and a wide range of partnership and commercial contract disputes. Clients include private companies at all stages of development, public companies, and individual business owners.
Josh’s background as a broadcaster – a former reporter, writer and producer for television and radio news in Baltimore and in the UK – enables him to communicate persuasively and effectively on behalf of his clients. He is at ease in the courtroom and prides himself on communicating complex issues clearly. Josh recognizes that the best dispute resolution strategy is the one that is in developed in the context of the clients’ business objectives, and is skilled at helping clients assess their options and make fact-based decisions.
He oversees all intellectual property litigation at the firm, and has spoken on a variety of litigation and intellectual property protection topics to firm clients as well as bar and trade associations.
- University of Baltimore, J.D. cum laude; member, Intellectual Property Law Journal
- Frostburg State University, B.S. summa cum laude; member, Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Sunderland (England), British journalism degree
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Affiliations & Awards
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Bar Association
- Selected to the Maryland Super Lawyers list, 2014-2018, 2020-2021
- Vice President, Greater Towson Council
- President, West Towson Neighborhood Association
- Appointed Chair, Towson Triangle Committee
Bowie & Jensen LLC.
Bowie & Jensen is a full service business law firm with one focus – our clients. At Bowie & Jensen we start each engagement by learning about our client’s business. Knowledge is the key to creative legal thinking. We understand that businesses need to watch their bottom lines. Our firm’s size, coupled with our experience, allows us to charge lower fees without compromising outcomes for our clients.