Firm: Saliwanchik, Lloyd & Eisenschenk
Location: Gainesville - FL
3107 S.W. Williston Road
Gainesville, FL 32608-3925
- Tel : 352-375-8100
- Fax : 352-372-5800
- Email : JL@slepatents.com
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- U.S. and International Patent Prosecution
- U.S. Design Patents
- Arbitration and Mediation of Intellectual Property Disputes
- Freedom-to-Operate, Validity and Infringement Opinions
- Patent Appeals
- Natural Products
- Medical Devices
- Mechanical Technology
- Watercraft Technology
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Board Certified in Intellectual Property Law by The Florida Bar
- Appointed to the Inaugural Committee for Intellectual
- Property Law Certification by the President of the Florida Bar
- Recipient of prestigious AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Named to Florida Super Lawyers
- Named to IP Stars
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
- 2015 Intellectual Property Certification Grade Review Panel
- Two-time past Chairman (2011-2013), Former Vice Chairman (2010-2011); The Florida Bar: Committee for Intellectual Property Law Certification
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (1992)
- Adjunct Professor; University of Florida Levin College of Law: Patent Drafting and Prosecution, and Advanced Patent Drafting & Prosecution (1995-2015)
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- American Bar Association Sections of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Litigation, and Intellectual Property: Amicus Briefs and Biotechnology Committees
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA): Biotechnology and Patent Law Committees
- Successfully completed Comprehensive Training in Commercial Arbitration at the American Bar Association’s 5th Annual Arbitration Training Institute
- The Florida Bar: Business Law Section and Intellectual Property Law Committee
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of Florida (1987), the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
- Encouraging the Art of Medicine: The University of South Florida’s Brief to the United States Supreme Court in BILSKI V. KAPPOS. (2010).
- Technology & Innovation: Proceedings of the National Academy of Inventors, 12(1): 13-20.
- Inventor of U.S. Patent No. 7,581,912: Fastener Having a Vaned Shaft.
- Co-inventor of U.S. Patent No. D774,394: Combined Shopping Bag Holder and Carrier
Saliwanchik, Lloyd & Eisenschenk
Since 1981, Saliwanchik, Lloyd & Eisenschenk (SLE) has committed to providing its clients the finest legal services available in the field of intellectual property. As a pioneer in biotechnology law, the firm has a storied history of securing intellectual property rights of inventions based on scientific research.
SLE is particularly active in patent matters involving inventions that pertain to pharmaceuticals, biotechnology (plants, animals, and microbes), medical and industrial instruments, organic chemistry, electronics, software, optics, and materials science.
SLE has extensive experience in filing and prosecuting patent applications and in representing clients whose applications have become involved in appellate or interference proceedings.
Services provided by SLE also include providing patentability, infringement, and patent validity opinions; negotiating license and contract arrangements; as well as advising clients involved in the settlement of intellectual property disputes. SLE also has extensive experience in trademark registration.