Firm: Burr & Forman
Location: Tampa - FL
One Tampa City Center Suite 3200
201 North Franklin Street
Tampa, FL 33602
- Tel : (813) 367-5755
- Fax : (813) 221-7335
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Harvey is the Tampa Office Managing Partner, practicing in the firm’s Corporate Practice Group with a focus on intellectual property litigation and prosecution.
Harvey serves a wide-range of clients in the areas of patent, trademark and trade secret litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, IP risk management, portfolio licensing, and client counseling.
Harvey’s litigation and patent prosecution background consists of dealing with matters related to technologies such as: semiconductor processing, plasma dicing, welding systems, lighting and LEDs, hot plates, software, computer integration and networking, satellites, solar power, hydrogen fuel cells, biodiesel, gaming, jewelry, gift cards, cups, davit lift, suntan lotions, power tools, paint rollers, flow systems, nuclear control rods, shirt pressers, air filters, hot water systems, fans, contact lenses, blood plasma expander, disposable blood measuring device, urine analysis, teeth whitening, suture anchors, and medical devices. In addition, he also has experience in a wide-range of other areas including firearms, speakers, waste fuel flare stacks, furniture, exercise equipment, recycling equipment, cement materials, fence posts, and tidal gates.
Mr. Kauget has experience presenting cases before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and Eleventh Circuit. He is also a registered patent attorney admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark office. Before Harvey began his legal career, he worked as an engineer and as a product manager in the semiconductor industry as well as a certified high school chemistry and physics teacher.
- J.D., Touro College Jacob D Fuchberg Law Center (1995)
- M.S., Materials Engineering/Electronic Materials, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1985)
- B.S., Chemistry, S.U.N.Y. Stony Brook University (1984)
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®️, “Lawyer of the Year,” Trademark Law, Tampa, Florida (2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America®️, Information Technology Law (2008-2022), Litigation – Intellectual Property (2011-2022), Litigation – Patent (2011-2022), Patent Law (2011-2022), Technology Law (2010-2022), Trademark Law (2011-2022), Trade Secrets Law (2021-2022)
- Named, Chambers USA, Intellectual Property (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America®️, “Lawyer of the Year,” Patent Law, Tampa, Florida (2015, 2018, 2019, 2021)
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” Intellectual Property Rights (2005, 2007-2008, 2010-2016, 2018, 2020-2021)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property (2009, 2011-2021)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Florida
Burr & Forman
Burr & Forman’s experienced legal team serves clients with local, national, and international legal needs. With particular industry strengths in the financial institutions, health care and manufacturing sectors, our attorneys draw from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience to serve as trusted business advisors and legal counsel to help clients achieve their goals. Burr & Forman is a Southeast, regional firm with 300 attorneys and 12 offices in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina and Tennessee.
We invest our time and talents in our Clients, Colleagues and Communities. It is not just hard work, knowledge and experience that are integral to the quality and delivery of our legal services, it is also a diverse, creative and forward thinking approach that enables us to achieve exceptional results that matter