Firm: Brooks, Pierce
Location: Greensboro - NC
230 North Elm Street 2000 Renaissance Plaza
Greensboro, NC 27420
- Tel : 336.373.8850
- Fax : 336.378.1001
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
David counsels clients in nearly every area of intellectual property, and handles business transactions involving trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets and technology. He has handled the prosecution or maintenance of more than 4,000 trademark and copyright registrations, both within the United States and internationally. David was in the 2013 inaugural class of board-certified “specialists” in trademark law, was later Chair of that specialization committee, and remains a certified specialist.
Among other honors and awards, he was named “Lawyer of the Year” for Greensboro for Litigation–Intellectual Property (2014, 2021), Trade Secrets Law (2017, 2020, 2022) and Trademark Law (2019) by Best Lawyers (formerly The Best Lawyers in America©). He also has been listed annually since 2008 in Best Lawyers for various fields including Intellectual Property, Patent Law, Trademark Law, and Trade Secrets Law, in North Carolina Super Lawyers for Intellectual Property Litigation (2014-2022 and 2009-2010, Rising Star), and in Business North Carolina as a “Legal Elite” for Intellectual Property (formerly Patents/Intellectual Property (2005-2008, 2010-2022)) and as a “Young Gun” (2008).
A client quoted in the 2019 Chambers USA guide stated that David “is a very intelligent, well-spoken and approachable person, and moreover a very good intellectual property attorney.”
David serves as a member of the Local Patent Rules Committee for the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina (2019-present).
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for Intellectual Property Law (2016-2021)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in Litigation – Intellectual Property (2008-2022); Litigation – Patent, Patent Law, and Trademark Law (2011-2022); Trade Secrets Law (2016-2022); and as the “Lawyer of the Year” in Greensboro for Litigation – Intellectual Property (2014, 2021), Trade Secrets Law (2017, 2020, 2022) and Trademark Law (2019)
- Recognized as a “Trademark Star” by Managing Intellectual Property‘s IP STARS (2019-2021)
- Recognized in North Carolina Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Intellectual Property Litigation (2014-2022); Top 100 attorneys (2018); “Rising Star” (2009-2010), Law and Politics Magazine
- Recognized in Super Lawyers Business Edition in Intellectual Property Litigation (2015)
- Recognized by his peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” in Patents and Intellectual Property Law (2005-2007), Intellectual Property Law (2008, 2010-2022) and “Young Guns” (2008)
- Yale University, J.D., 1996; Articles Editor, Yale Law Journal on Regulation, 1994-95; Olin Scholar
- Duke University, A.B., 1992, magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Certified by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in Trademark Law, 2013 to present
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina
Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP is a business law firm that provides creative solutions for the significant and complex dealings of our clients. We serve businesses, government, non-profit institutions, trade associations and individuals. Brooks Pierce works with clients on a regional, national, and international level. The multi-faceted approach to the solutions offered by Brooks Pierce derives from the expertise resident in this firm. Our unique philosophy results in powerful analysis and effective solutions for our clients.
We are also a firm committed to understanding and empathizing, on a personal level, with the people who manage the businesses we represent. This allows our firm to be responsive to the professional needs of our clients. Our atmosphere is collaborative and collegial. Our attorneys work closely with one another to exchange ideas and strategy in order to address the complex legal issues our clients bring to us. The Brooks Pierce team approach maximizes the scope and quality of the service we provide to our clients.
Only lawyers with a demonstrated record of professional excellence and the highest standards of personal integrity become part of Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP.