Firm: Perkins Coie LLP
Location: Madison - WI
1 East Main Street Suite 201 Madison
- Tel : 608.663.7460
- Fax : 608.663.7499
- Email : CHanewicz@perkinscoie.com
Christopher Hanewicz is a partner in the Patent Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation practices. He has been involved in complex intellectual property litigations concerning both biotechnology and mechanical patents. He has extensive patent litigation trial experience, as well as experience in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. While Christopher’s practice includes experience across all of the major patent litigation dockets (e.g., N.D. Cal., C.D. Cal., E.D. Tex., D.D.C. and the Western District of Wisconsin), he has particular experience in trying cases in the “rocket docket” Western District of Wisconsin, where he has obtained favorable jury verdicts in all four of his patent litigation jury trials, with technology ranging from football helmets to a method of genotyping the hepatitis C virus.
Christopher has also gained substantial experience in the damages side of intellectual property litigation, and one of his recent trials (on behalf of his client Riddell) resulted in the largest damages verdict in the history of the Western District of Wisconsin.
Christopher is also actively involved in the community, having been a member, and now president, of the Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund.
Perkins Coie LLP
Perkins Coie is a leading international law firm that is known for providing high value, strategic solutions and extraordinary client service on matters vital to our clients’ success. With more than 1,000 lawyers in offices across the United States and in Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei, we provide a full array of corporate, commercial litigation, intellectual property and regulatory legal advice to a broad range of clients, including many of the world’s most innovative companies and industry leaders as well as public and not-for-profit organizations.
Perkins Coie is frequently recognized for its leadership in the legal profession:
- Ranked 18th largest law firm in the U.S. by attorney headcount by Law360, 2018
- Recognized as an Am Law 50 firm on The American Lawyer 100 list, 2018
- Named among the “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 16 consecutive years by FORTUNE magazine, 2003 – 2018
- Named one of the “30 Best Workplaces for Consulting & Professional Services” by FORTUNE magazine, 2017 – 2018
- 131 attorneys recognized, with 35 attorneys ranked Band 1, by Chambers USA, 2017
- 277 attorneys listed with 23 named “Lawyer of the Year,” in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2019
- Named an “unprompted” recommended firm by decision makers in BTI Most Recommended Law Firms, 2018
- Ranked as the most prestigious firm in both the Pacific Northwest and Mountain States on the annual associate survey by Vault.com, 2019
- Named a “Leader” among tech-savvy firms by BTI Brand Elite, 2016