Firm: Glaser Weil Fink Howard Avchen & Shapiro LLP
Location: Los Angeles - CA
10250 Constellation Blvd. 19th Floor
10250 Constellation Blvd. 19th Floor
- Tel : 310.553.3000
- Fax : 310.556.2920
- Email : SBasileo@GlaserWeil.com
Steven Basileo practices in Glaser Weil’s Intellectual Property Department. Mr. Basileo has extensive experience litigating a broad range of intellectual property matters, including patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and licensing disputes. Mr. Basileo also has a considerable background in antitrust, business tort and contract matters.
Mr. Basileo has litigated matters involving a wide range of technologies, including flash memory, dynamic random access memory, semiconductors, processors, field programmable gate arrays, cell phones, televisions, computer monitors, disk drives, navigation technology, network security protocols, wireless networks, computer peripherals and software codecs.
- Represented Samsung in patent infringement actions involving a range of technologies, including network security protocols, navigation software, and configurable CPU registers.
- Represented Belkin Corporation in a patent infringement action involving signaling technology for computer peripherals.
- Represented Top Victory Electronics in a patent infringement action involving various technologies relating to television and computer monitor chipsets.
- Represented SK hynix as lead antitrust law strategist and trial team member in defense of $12 billion antitrust claim involving alleged international DRAM price-fixing cartel; obtained complete defense verdict.
- Lead trial counsel on behalf of ICN Pharmaceuticals in CPR arbitration concerning IP licensing dispute; obtained eight-figure arbitral award and dismissal of counterclaim.
- Second chair trial counsel on behalf of ICN Pharmaceuticals in international arbitration concerning intellectual property contributed to public-private joint venture; obtained eight-figure arbitral award and dismissal of nine-figure counterclaim.
- Represented defendant Advanced Micro Devices in AAA arbitration concerning eight-figure IP licensing dispute; briefed and argued successful summary judgment motion.
- Represented plaintiff International Rectifier Corporation in a patent infringement action involving MOSFET technology; briefed and argued successful summary adjudication motion defeating key 102(g) prior invention defense.
- Represented Malibu Boats in a case involving claims of patent infringement, copyright infringement, and trade secret misappropriation relating to ski boat windshield designs.
- Represented Actel Corporation in a case involving claims of patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation relating to FPGA cell configurations.
- Represented IBM in a massive series of patent infringement actions involving 18 patents covering a broad array of disk drive technologies.
- Lead counsel on behalf of plaintiff institutional investor in a securities fraud action involving failed internet startup; obtained multi-million dollar settlement.
- Lead counsel on behalf of plaintiff International Commercial Bank of China on appeal of eight-figure state court award in breach of contract matter; judgment affirmed
- Lead counsel on behalf of plaintiff international bank in a multi-million dollar breach of contract action; obtained summary judgment.
Glaser Weil Fink Howard Avchen & Shapiro LLP
Glaser Weil, based in Los Angeles, is one of the country’s premier full-service law firms. Advising a roster of diverse, selective clients — from start-ups and large global corporations to high-profile entertainers and other well-known individuals — Glaser Weil represents clients’ interests with an unprecedented level of dedication and commitment.
Whatever the matter, our commitment to exceptional legal representation remains constant and lays the groundwork for all we do for clients locally, nationally and throughout the world. Since Glaser Weil’s beginnings, we’ve never lost sight of our most non-negotiable mission: To provide our clients with the imaginative, astute, responsive — and enormously dedicated — service that is in their best business and personal interest. Simply put, our clients’ goals are the Firm’s goals, and anything less than top-notch, accomplished and successful representation is not an option.
The depth of our lawyers’ skills and experience, combined with Glaser Weil’s cross-practice, interdisciplinary approach, enables us to best serve our clients expertly in a wide range of matters and venues. Be it at the negotiating table, before legislative and regulatory bodies or in a boardroom or a courtroom — whenever and wherever our clients need us, we are there. That is not all that distinguishes Glaser Weil and its team of attorneys. The fact that many of our attorneys have worked together for much of their careers fuels a rare, close-knit, collaborative style that differentiates the Firm and allows our lawyers to work together as a cohesive team to achieve superior results for our clients. This approach, in addition to the Firm’s low partner to associate ratio, ensures that we consistently represent our clients in the most focused, customized and cost-effective fashion possible.
In the end, Glaser Weil is defined by our clients’ success and the roles we may have played in assisting them achieve their goals. We work daily to maximize our clients’ business and personal opportunities, overcoming their challenges and problems and always keeping them far, far ahead of the curve.
We invite you to learn more about the Firm’s sophisticated practice areas, attorneys and their work by exploring the links above.